HELP – New Mexico exists to empower positive action through sustainable social services. Inspire and motivate through effective community improvement programs and to educate families and communities through innovative coaching.
HELP- New Mexico ‘s vision for itself is of a self-sufficient, sustainable organization, well known and respected throughout the state and nationally as the largest and most effective service provider in New Mexico . Its history will provide a solid base for growth, but it will be looking toward the future.
HELP- New Mexico will provide a seamless continuum of care for low-income New Mexicans in offices located throughout the state. Services will be family-centered and of high quality. They will help individuals and families reach self-sufficiency through building their capacity – both “teaching them to fish” and “stocking the lake.” The organization will be heavily involved in education and training and in community development activities.
HELP-New Mexico will be the recognized primary resource center for low-income families – the first place they go for help. Staff cross-training and effective partnerships will ensure client access to comprehensive services.
HELP-New Mexico will be financially sustainable through diversified funding, with a budget that increases annually based on planned growth. Resources will come from public and private sources, through not only grants and contracts but also revenue-producing activities.
HELP-New Mexico will reflect internally the same values and priorities as its services – it will be self-sufficient, socially accepting, non-discriminatory, and effective. Its governing and advisory Boards will be active, involved, and effective at both oversight and fundraising.
HELP-New Mexico will be a highly desirable place to work – a place to learn and grow, with fair salaries and employee-friendly policies and benefits. Its staff will demonstrate the same self-sufficiency they will help other New Mexican families achieve.
All HELP-New Mexico ‘s work is based on and benefits from the following core values or operating principles:
• Developing a Strong “Family”: We respect, value, and protect the dignity of our clients, Board, staff, and community – and we consider all of them to be part of the HELP-New Mexico family. We do more than provide services; we advocate for families. We love what we do and believe our work should bring and reflect happiness.
• Building Self-sufficiency: HELP-New Mexico believes in going beyond providing services to supporting individual and family empowerment. We help clients and their families gain the skills and resources to be self-sufficient.
• Quality and Accountability: We don’t just do things – we do them well. We value quality over quantity in all our work and in sound internal management. HELP-New Mexico is committed to continuously progressing, doing our work better and better. As an organization, we are accountable to our clients and community, our funders, and ourselves.
• Outreach and Communication: We are committed to reaching out to our communities and communicating often and effectively, both within and outside the organization. We want a statewide presence, and a strong, supportive network.
• Sustainability: HELP-New Mexico has a long-term commitment to serving New Mexico families. Our history and experience provide important credibility and a foundation for our work, but we look forward, not back. We have long-term objectives to fulfill.
• Leadership and Teamwork: We believe that we are most effective if we work together and share leadership. HELP-New Mexico ‘s success in serving its community requires the active involvement and continued development of our statewide Board of Directors, CSBG Advisory Board, Head Start Policy Council, and staff. Everyone has an essential role that can grow through our commitment to leadership opportunities.
Diversity: We believe in diversity in all aspects of HELP-New Mexico , from staff and Board composition to funding to the types of services provided and clients served.